Thursday 12 September 2013

A day in the life of college

College life. A new start, a change in scenery and fresh beginning.

Starting college for the first time is a pretty scary concept. The huge building and mass of students combined with the whole new prospect of making new friends and starting a totally new routine can be daunting to even the strongest of hearts.

So here I am stood in front of the shiny, modern front of York College, ready to start my new college life. Of course college comes with the perks such as NUS cards and new technology to play with alongside subjects that you have chosen to do because you enjoy them, not because some government education nut told you to.

Unfortunately it also comes with the downsides... The size of York College is an advantage in some scenarios, but not this one. In the morning I have to climb 8 flights of stairs to access my locker, I have to say that you don’t know the size of this place until you’re looking down at tiny little ants roaming the floor of the atrium!

That’s all my folders sorted for my lessons I have today and because we arrive quite early to college, there is a lot of time to kill before first lesson so we have chance to visit the canteen on the ground floor for a bacon and sausage sandwich, mmm… 
 

As the first week of college comes to a close and all my lessons are sorted out, the routine of getting up early and coming to college has seeped its way into my life and now claims its place where my no longer existent social life sat. Bring on the next two years York College!










No comments:

Post a Comment